This is a personal post about my and me being asexual aromantic, so if you want to skip, feel free to do so. Just a warning
So, these are reasons that I’m afraid to come out to my family as aromantic and asexual (I may or may have not done this before, but I give no shits right now):
1. They probably wouldn’t know what either means.
2. They’d (my parents, mostly (mostly my dad, really)) would say that there’s no way for me to know since I’ve never been in a relationship at all.
3. They’d say I’m too young to know any better.
4. I’m pretty (like, 98.9%) sure my dad’s racist and homophobic, so me being anything other than what he thinks I am would be bad to him.
5. They’d blow it off as a phase.
6. They think my life in the future is predetermined by them, like getting married and having kids (apparently it’s a requirement for a person to have kids once they’re married for the soul purpose of giving their parent(s) grandchildren?).
7. I can’t do it; I’m terrified of their reactions.
So, yeah, that was just a personal post about me and myself alone.